Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 23rd March, we’ve taken the decision to fully close College from Wednesday 25th March at 4pm and until further notice.
We had, in line with Government requests, opened College for a small number of students who may have needed additional support due to their personal circumstances. The number attending College has been very small and those students have explained to us that they are safe to continue their studies at home. In light of this, and the government’s announcement of additional restrictions, we have concluded that it is safer to fully close. In doing so, of course, we’re seeking to minimise movement across our city and therefore reducing the amount of contact that people have with others.
You will, we are sure, be fully aware of the advice that we’ve all been asked to follow over the coming weeks:
- Keep washing your hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds each time
- Exercise social distancing within the home
- You should avoid leaving home with only the following exceptions:
- Shopping for basic necessities if absolutely necessary
- One form of exercise a day
- Any medical need / care for the vulnerable
- If you do need to leave your home, you should be with only one other person and should keep a two metre distance from others.
These measures are designed to keep everyone safe and to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
We know that lots of questions still remain around exam and qualification grades for Upper Sixth students and internal exam marks and progress for Lower Sixth students. We are continuing to receive information from the Department for Education and the exam boards and will update students and parents when we know more.
In the meantime, we encourage students to continue to check their College emails each day and to be completing work that is being set by their teachers.
College will keep parents and carers updated through the website and Parent Portal as and when we know more. In the meantime let’s keep each other in thought and prayer during these challenging and unsettling times.