Do you think you want to teach but want some experience?
Are you considering teaching as a career, but aren’t sure if it’s the career for you?
Consider applying for a 3-week paid teaching internship!
Loreto College is very excited to announce its paid Physics and Maths internship programme. The programme is funded by the Department for Education and builds upon existing collaborative partnerships.
Undergraduates wishing to teach Maths and/or Physics will be carefully selected to undergo a three week internship at Loreto College.
The Interns will work with enthusiastic and successful teachers, capturing their inspiration and passion for teaching Maths and Physics. They will also meet STEM graduates who have made good, swift progression in their careers and be supported by trained, experienced, mentors who have the capacity to respond to the individual needs of the interns.
One of the main benefits of the scheme will be the wealth of Initial Teacher Education experience in our schools, which is typically only available to trainees from beginning of their first formal placement when the demands of the classroom may already be challenging. You will be supported to plan and deliver curriculum content to pupils and peers and work as part of the school team.
This scheme will enable applicants to secure some classroom experience to decide if teaching is the career for them, and be able to apply for teacher training for 2023 entry.
Interns will be recompensed at the rate of £300 per week (total £900).
Loreto College will guarantee an Initial Teacher Training place interview to all physics/maths interns who successfully complete the internship and have the required academic qualifications for a place for 2023 entry.
You will need the following to apply:
- be passionate about teaching Maths or Physics as a career
- be a current undergraduate student (graduation in summer 2022 or beyond); studying a subject that would enable you to teach Maths, Physics or Computing (for example Maths, Physics, Engineering, Natural Sciences, Computing). If you are applying for an unfunded internship we will be able to accept other degree subjects.
- hold GCSE A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent
- consent to a Disclosure and Baring Service and referencing checks. These posts are exempt form Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
- be available for the full period Monday 13th June 2022 – Friday 1st July 2022.
Download the Teaching Internship 2022 Privacy Notice HERE
An assessment day will take place for shortlisted applicants.